Steel structures have the following advantages:
- They are super-quick to build at site, as a lot of work can be pre-fabricated at the factory.
- They are flexible, which makes them very good at resisting dynamic (changing) forces such as wind or earthquake forces.
- A wide range of ready-made structural sections are available, such as I, C, and angle sections
- They can be made to take any kind of shape, and clad with any type of material
- A wide range of joining methods is available, such as bolting, welding, and riveting